Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Have a gift certificate that have held on for years. It was a birthday gift from a close friend. Since I am one of the hardest people to shop for she gave me that. The card was for a store that's now defunct and no longer in existence. Never knew why I kept considering I never really shopped there to beginning with. More of a sentiment considering who gave it to me.
The story, as I stop with unnecessary info distribution, is really about how I have measured time. I knew how long I have had the gift card every time I see it, but that changed a few days ago when the years of my ownership was said aloud. For some reason I got upset. The gift card was 7 years old and hearing that number with the word years hit a nerve.
7 years what had my life become? Any achievements to speak of? Had I graduated? Started the fortune 500 company I promised to with my MBA? Started a family? Found a partner? Grown closer to my family? My anger came from not finding anything; nothing at all.
"The anger comes once you have seen now what could have been if you has started then; fear and depression will follow once you see what will happen tomorrow knowing where you are now."

No comments: